Skip to main content

Manchester United and Man City fans told they won’t be returning to football 'any time soon'

FA chief Greg Clarke isn’t expecting crowds at matches 'any time soon' and believes the game is facing 'substantial changes'
The chairman of the Football Association, Greg Clarke, has admitted it is hard to see football fans being allowed into grounds 'any time soon'.
Both the premier league  and EFL are currently suspended indefinitely due to the coronavirus outbreak.
 But while no date has been mentioned for a return for sides in the EFL, the premier league is believing to be planning to restart in June
And Clarke, who believes supporters are still the 'lifeblood' of the game, has also admitted the game faces 'substantial changes' once it does return.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mapping Ohio’s 7,280 coronavirus cases, updates and trends

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The 7,280 coronavirus cases to date in Ohio are spread across 86 of the state’s 88 counties, with 324 deaths, the Ohio Department of Health reported Tuesday. The total was up from 6,975 cases in the same 86 counties on Monday, while the number of deaths increased from 274. Only Harrison and Vinton counties, each with populations of less than 16,000, have no reported cases. Tuesday marked the fifth day of new reporting standards to comply with federal guidelines to now include cases identified from non-testing evidence, certain rapid tests and blood tests that can uncover earlier infections, officials said. This has resulted in 127 additional “probable” cases than would have been reported previously - 42 Friday, 21 Saturday, 23 Sunday, 8 Monday and 33 Tuesday. Yet, even with the new reporting standards, Ohio’s once increasing curve upward of new cases has largely flattened, according to the data. The new cases reported over the previous six days ranged from ...

'We're going to kill you and your family' - Man Utd star Evra received death threats from prisoners after Suarez racism

The former Red Devils star was forced to employ personal security after the warnings were made Former  Manchester United  defender Patrice Evra has revealed he received death threats from prisoners after the racism incident with then- Liverpool  striker Luis Suarez in 2011. Suarez was found guilty of misconduct for insulting comments toward Evra by the Football Association and was suspended for eight matches, with the  Uruguay  international referring to his opponent's skin colour. colour. In the aftermath of the incident, Evra says threats were sent to him, via the club, with many of the menacing messages coming from prisoners. The  France  left-back felt the need to hire security guards to protect himself and his family when notified of the warnings. "Manchester United received so many threatening letters about me,” Evra told the  official Manchester United podcast .